Thursday, December 25, 2008

So i left yesterday after work to drive home to Pocatello for Christmas. I got off at 4 and i pulled out of Rexburg at 4:30. It was a good thing that I got off of work so early. The drive to Pocatello wasn't bad. The roads were completely dry. As compared to last Christmas Eve when i got my car stuck 5 times just between walmart and my apt. and my friend Scott had to drive me home for Christmas! I got to Pocatello around 6. What was good was that like an hour or two later we started getting winds up to 60 mph! I am not even stretching the truth they were really that bad. Snow started drifting like crazy. Last night we had to dig out our cars and move them so that they didn't get burried in the snow. Pocatello is notorious for getting wind. Especially where i live. If its blowing in downtown Pocatello it will be blowing much more up at my house. I was really glad that i got into town before the wind started blowing. I would of been blown clear off the freeway!! Today christmas day they actually closed a lot of the road in Pocatello. These are the roads just inside Rexburg i don't know about the freeways. They are probably closed too!!! It's ok because i am in my nice warm home with my family for Chrismas day!!!

No comments: