Saturday, March 21, 2009

Shabbot

Shabbot is always one of my favorite days. We have breakfast at 8:00 which means that we get to sleep in as compared to our usually time of 6:30 or 7:00. After breakfast is choir practice at 9:00 which i usually almost always go to. After choir our church starts at 10:00. On Shabbat we only have breakfast and then dinner at 4. Shabbot dinners i think are always really good. I don't know if that is because they really are better than the other days or because I am really hungry. :) Today was a really good day. I really felt the spirit a lot today during sacrament. There was some really enriching talks and a lot of musical numbers. There was a total of 3 musical numbers during sacrament. I was involved in the last one where 5 others and I sang a duet of I know that my Redeemer lives. After the church block i went up to the 7th floor of the Jerusalem Center and sat out and wrote in my journal. The 7th floor has a wonderful view of the city. Right beind me is where we have sacrament every Shabbot. The curtains are usually open so you can look out over the city. I love going out here to just ponder on the things that i have done and the things that I have learned here. Its getting so pretty here with all the flowers blooming. We also finished our finals this past week so from now until the end of our stay here we only have 2 classes. One of them is the New Testament which I am really excited about. I get to go to the places where the Savior taught and preformed the great miracles that He did. I am so blessed to have that opportunity.

Here is another view of my favorite place to go and sit. In this picture is me and my roommate Bre. I really like spending time with Bre as well as my other roomate Emily. We have a lot of fun together.



3 comments:

Alicia said...

You are beautiful! I miss you!
What day do you fly back to Salt Lake?

Alicia said...

p.s. my word verification code on the last one was "unwax" it made me chuckle a little... :)

Christine Stinger said...

I fly back to salt lake on April 23 but i won't be up to Idaho until the next week. i miss you too!