Saturday, January 24, 2009

So today has probably been my favorite day! Today we went to the Garden tomb. This is were many people, including the Latter day Saints, believe Christ's tomb is. It was amazing they took us on a tour around and then let us go into the tomb. Our tour guide was very cool. He was really funny and you could tell that he had a testimony of the Savior which he born in his own way at the end of the tour right before he let us go into the tomb. I felt the spirit so stong here. More than any where else that i have been. After we all had a chance to go into the tomb we moved over to another area and we sang some songs together. It was really neat. There were tons of other people there looking at the tomb and there was a group of people from Nigeria and when we started singing How Great Thou Art a lot of them started singin with us. One of them even same and video tapped us singing with his camera. It was really neat. The thing i loved the most was that the spirit was so strong there. I know that Jesus is the Christ. I know that he loves us so much that he died for us on the cross and that He rose again on the 3rd day. I know that it is through him that we will live again. I am so thankful for the testimony that i have of him. I am so thankful for the opportunity that i have to be here in this wonderful place. The pictures that i have below are of the entrance to the garden tomb and the tomb itself where we believe is where the Savior laid. "He is not here for He is risen"

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

oh, I felt the same way! My favorite people in the world: Haitians, Ghanans, and Nigerians. : )

I love the old man giving the tours, doesn't he seem like a senior missionary?