Wednesday, January 14, 2009

sorry that it has been a while since i have updated my blog. so today we went on our first field trip. they took us around the outside of jerusalem so that we could look at jerusalem from different directions and learn the geography of the land. It was really neat because the geography of the land is the geography of the Bible. All the stories that you read in the Bible i am able to see where they take place. Below are just some of the pictures i have that i liked i have to many to stick on here. the one mosaic of christ was taken in the Victoria Augusta church that sits on the mount of olives. This is one of the places that people believe was where Christ ascended into heaven. In the church they had the little cut out thing and me and my roomie Bre decide we needed a picture. I think that the coolest thing that happened today goes with the picture of the woman herding the sheep. We were on top of this mount and my professor was telling us about the land and telling where certain things in theBible took place when all of a sudden they came up over the hill. The cool thing was that my teacher was about ready to tell us that it was probably on one of the hills near there that the shepherds were gaurding their sheep when an angel of the Lord came and told them that the christ child had been born. It was perfect timing. Way off in the distance behind them is the city of Bethlehem.
so i started my Hebrew class and it is really cool. i love all of my classes. Unlike other semesters i love going to them and learning from all of them. They are so interesting! anyways i love all you guys! i will try to do my best to keep this up to date for you!

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

baaaa baaaa! how cool!