Friday, January 23, 2009

Today since we couldn't go into east jerusalem or the old city we decided that we were going to go to the Biblical Zoo. Really its just a regular zoo but its really cool. They have a lot of really cool animals and they are in really wide open spaces so you don't really have to look through a cage at them. It was a lot of fun! Probably my favorite thing was the chimpanzes. The really close picture i have is because one of them was right up against the glass and everytime we would knock on the window it would knock back at us. Or if we made noises at it it would knock on the glass. I don't know if it was playing with us or if it was really annoyed with us but it was really cute and fun. We saw a lot of other cool things of course lions, tigers, giraffes, elephants etc. We also saw vultures that had just barely been fed. It was cool but a little gross because they were ripping apart these big rats. One of the cool things was that there wasn't a fence between us and the vultures. They could have flew out right into our faces if the wanted to. I thought it was pretty cool. Some things is the zoo i thought were a little different. The picture of me and the door is of one of the snakes like cages. Usually they will make their cages like habitat with rocks and tress and stuff but this one was like a western scene. I thought that it was too funny so i took a picture. The other picture is of me and my Amazing roomies Emilie and Breanna in front of the elephants. On Sunday i leave for Egypt so after tomorrow i won't be blogging because we can't bring our laptops with us. That's alright because i will have a lot of stories to fill you all in on when I get back.:)

1 comment:

Alyssa said...

DON'T DRINK THE WATER!!!!!!!!!!! I just talked to Joseph McConkie (Bruce's son) a couple of days ago and he said that's one piece of advice for you! ha ha! Soak up all the symbols at the temples in Egypt. Hey take a picture of the hotels you stay in Luxor and Cairo for me okay? and the pools there, they're amazing! I accidently brushed my teeth with the water from the faucet, big mistake. Put your water bottle right next to the sink. love ya! don't forget to write everyday in Egypt=my biggest regret! love ya, have fun. so so jealous!