Saturday, February 14, 2009

The last day in Egypt we got to climb Mount Sinai and see the sun rise. It was amazing!! We got up at 2:00 in the morning and set out for the mountain. It was beautiful walking up the mountain in the dark becasue all the stars were so bright and beautiful. It was really neat to think about the promise that God made to Abraham that his posterity the Isrealites would be as numerous as the sands of the sea and the star in the sky. Also to think about the vision that Moses saw of the creation of the world. The other thing that i couldn't stop thinking about was the marvelous things that took place on that mountain. The burning bush and Moses being in the presence of God and being able to see him face to face. It was a marvelous experience. Despite the cold it was wonderful. When we got to the top of the mountain it was freezing!!!!!! We defianantly needed a winter coat. I had so many layers, scarves, blankets and i was still freezing. I could not feel my fingers they were so cold and i had gloves on. We were all cuddling with each other for warmth. Nobody cared we were just too cold to care.




When the sun rose it was absolutely beautiful it was so worth the hike and the cold. As the sun came up you noticed so many things that you didn't see before like that mountain range that surrounded Mount Sinai. I t hought that it was so beautiful!!!! On the way down it was like having a completly different hike because now we could see everything. I loved it!!! If i ever get to come back and do it again i will bring warmer clothes though. :)













1 comment:

Alyssa said...

I'm glad my jacket made an appearance on the top of Mt. Sinai! I'm glad a part of me was on top of that mountain. I'm laughing at all your layers! What an amazing experience you're having!