Monday, February 9, 2009

One of my favorite things that i did while in Egypt was i went on a camel ride. It was so fun. It was like 45 minutes long. How many people can say that they have ridden a camel. They are very interesting to get on and get off of. They lay down while you get on and they stand up while you are sitting on them. Its the same for getting off they lay down with you on it and then you get off. You feel like you are going to fall off. It was super fun though. My camels name was william Shakespeare and the little boy that was leading my camels name was Muhammad. There are so many people named Muhammad in Egypt. Almost everybody you meet is named Muhammad after the Prophet Muhammad. So anyways my camel must have been slow and clumsy because during the courst of my ride it tripped like 5 times and the guy that was leading the camel behind me kept whipping it with its lead rope. I thought it was pretty funny.

My favorite thing about the camel ride was that they took us through this little village. I loved seeing all their houses and all the people that lived their especially all the little children. I just liked seeing how the people really lived there. Below is one of the houses that we passed. They are so close together they are like townhouses. I loved the Arabic that was written on the side of the house. Arabic spoken i think sounds harsh and angry but i think that Arabic written is beautiful. The other pictures that i have are just some pictures of the people that we passed on our little camel ride. Don't you love the kids!! They are so cute!!! All the little kids would come out to wave at us as we passed by. The last picture is a guy that is cutting sugar cane with his machete. This i am sure will be one of my fondest memories from my experience here.












No comments: